Terms & Conditions
- Service Disclaimer
- Purchase(of Product)
- Change or Cancel of Order(s)
- Live Chat
- Delivery Rates
- Returns Policy
- Events & Booking Services
Welcome to the SOGO ("the Site," "we," "us," or "our"). SOGO provides this Site as a service to its customers. Please read the following terms of service ("Terms") as they govern your use of our Site. By using the Site, you agree to follow and be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree to any of the Terms, you have the option to decline the use of the Site.
SOGO reserves the right to modify and/or amend any of the Terms at any time without prior notification. Site users must agree to and abide by these changes accordingly. Please review this page periodically for changes. Any use of our Site at any time shall constitutes full acceptance of the Terms.
Description of Service SOGO is an online retailer of goods offered at great values to the consumer. Membership allows customers to purchase a variety of products, from accessories to essentials, exclusively offered to our members.
Usage Restrictions All of the content that appears on the SOGO, including all visuals, text, audio and video clips are subject to copyright protections and /or other intellectual property rights or licenses held by SOGO. The entire content of the SOGO is copyrighted as a collective work under Malaysian copyright laws. SOGO grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of the content on this website. Content of the SOGO website is intended solely for the personal and non-commercial use by the users of our Site.
Online Membership Eligibility SOGO Online Membership is free. However, our membership services are not available to users under the age of 18 or to members who, at our discretion, have been suspended or removed from the SOGO online systems. Members agree to all terms of service herein and must only apply for membership if eligible.
Notice SOGO may contact you or provide you with service-related and / or promotional notices by means of postal mail, electronic mail, general Site notifications and more using the contact information you have provided to us.
Product and Pricing Policy SOGO Online and SOGO store may have different Promotions, Exclusive items and Campaigns. Hence, the products and prices at each may be different. We have done our best to display our product(s)/item(s) with their respective descriptions as accurately as possible. However the actual style, colour, size, shape and look of any of our product(s)/item(s) may vary from the picture(s). We reserve the right at our sole absolute discretion to amend and/or revise and/or correct any errors in pricing or descriptions, and to cancel and/or to refuse to accept or process any order made at any time without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Site Use You cannot access or use www.sogo.com.my for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. Harassment or defamation in any manner or form of the Site, including via e-mail and Live Chat or by obscene or abusive language, is strictly prohibited. Although SOGO cannot monitor the conduct of its users, it is a strict violation of these Terms to use any information obtained from our Site in order to harass, defame, abuse or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise, solicit or sell to any user without his/her prior explicit consent.
Also, you agree that no comments or other user submissions submitted by you to the SOGO will violate any right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal rights. You further agree that no comments submitted by you to the Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material. You are and shall remain solely responsible for the content of any comments you make.
User Submissions SOGO strives to create an interactive relationship with the members of its Site and services. User comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to SOGO on or by the Site shall be and remain SOGO property. Users assign all property rights and interests to SOGO allowing our company unlimited use, commercial or otherwise, of any comments. Furthermore, SOGO shall be under no obligation, (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any user comments. SOGO shall also have the sole absolute discretion to delete any comment deemed offensive or defamatory.
Correction of Site Errors The information on the SOGO may contain typographical errors or inaccuracies. We reserve the right to update or amend any information we see fit at any time without prior notice. Please note that such errors may relate to product information, pricing and availability. In these instances, we shall have the right to terminate any orders involving pricing errors or inaccuracies. We apologise for any inconveniences.
Indemnity By use of the Site, you agree to indemnify and hold SOGO (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, partners, vendors and employees) harmless from any claim or demand as well as losses, expense, damage and costs resulting from any violation of these terms of service or any activity related to your account, including negligent or intentional wrongful conduct.
Modification/Termination of Website In the event of termination, you will still be bound by your obligations under these terms of service including the warranties made by you, and by the disclaimers and limitations of liability. SOGO shall not in any way be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access.
Third Party Links To improve our Site, SOGO may use and promote services provided by outside third parties. However, even if the third party is affiliated with SOGO, we do not control these services and make no representations regarding these persons or entities. We are not liable or responsible for the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, reliability of such parties or for availability of the products and services they promote. Outside sites linked on our Site, all of which have separate privacy and data collection practices, are only for your convenience and therefore you access them at your own risk.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHATSOEVER AND HOWSOEVER INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ANY DEALINGS WITH ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR MERCHANT OR OPERATOR OF SUCH A THIRD PARTY WEBSITE.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THE SITE OR OBTAINED FROM A WEBSITE TO WHICH THE SITE IS LINKED (A "LINKED SITE") ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES. IN CONNECTION WITH ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ON THE SITE, SOGO MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY OR ACCURACY. USE OF THE PRODUCT BY A USER IS AT THE USER'S OWN RISK.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN SOGO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, OF THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES ON THE SITE OR THE PERFORMANCE OF ANY PRODUCTS (EVEN IF SOGO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF A CLAIM FOR SUCH DAMAGES).
Orders We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
Find out more about our Returns Policy which is incorporated into these Conditions.
Contract creation and electronic contracting The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the place order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website.
- We will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from SOGO.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions in our Returns Policy.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock.
- Our inability to obtain authorization for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
- You have not met the eligibility criteria to order as set out in the main Terms & Conditions.
The contract will be concluded in English.
The details of your specific contract will not be filed by SOGO. If you do require any information regarding orders you have placed with SOGO please write to us at the following address:
SOGO (KL) DEPARTMENT STORE SDN. BHD.
Kompleks Sogo, 190, Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman,
50100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Contract cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations Please note that you are entitled to cancel this contract if you so wish provided that you exercise your right and notify us no longer than fourteen 14-day after the day on which you received the Products.
If you wish to exercise your right to cancel this contract after your order has already been despatched, we will refund the original purchase price and delivery charge, provided always that you have notified us in writing no longer than fourteen 14-day after the day on which you received the Products, and that you have taken reasonable care of the Products and not used them. Please follow the procedure set out in our Returns Policy.
We’re sorry that in most circumstances it is not possible to make changes to your order once you have placed it.
If you would like to add products to your order, please place a new order for these items.
If you need to change details of your delivery address or cancel it completely, please contact us for advice at 1300-88-7646 between 10:00am – 6:00pm, Monday to Friday. Please be ready to quote your Order ID.
Condition of returns It's important that returned items are in the best possible condition, so please take reasonable care of them and keep all packaging.
If you wish to return a product after the order has been despatched or delivered, please click here Product Returns.
There are some products that cannot be cancelled, refunded or exchanged. For more details please refer to our Returns Policy.
SOGO Live Chat is a free of charge service.
You shall fully be responsible for all actions and/or comments/remarks made through your account. You are strongly advised not to disclose your login information to others.
You agree that you shall at all times strictly adhere to all the applicable rules and regulations of use ("Rules") and you shall not upload, share, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data or other information:
- That is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, sexually explicit, pornographic or that otherwise violates our Rules; or
- That encourages, incites, solicits, promotes or provides information about illegal or criminal activities (including pornography, terrorism, explosives, weapons, drugs, programming viruses, computer hacking and copyright infringement); or
- That consists of content that abuses, threatens, promotes or instigates physical harm or death to others or yourself; or
- That promotes or contains the addresses of other web sites; or
- That victimises, harasses, degrades or intimidates an individual or group of individuals in the area of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability; or
- That infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other intellectual property right of any party; or
- That constitutes unauthorised or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (also known as "spamming"), chain letters, pyramid schemes, the promotion of particular stocks of shares and other financial products and services, or any other form of unauthorised solicitation or any form of lottery or gambling; or
- That contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programmes that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorised access to any data or other information of any third party; or
- That, in any other manner, is deemed by us to be inappropriate to the well being of others; or
- That facilitates the exchange of third party phone numbers, mobile numbers, email or home addresses or any other personal details.
For your own safety and security, you should not disclose personal information such as your password, credit card numbers, home addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, mobile numbers, etc., to anyone online. Denial-of-Service ("DoS") attacks Anyone found to be using the chat as a springboard for a DoS attack of any sort against any target, whether in the same chat or elsewhere on the Internet, may be kicked and banned from the server without warning. DoS attacks that fall under this category include commandeering a channel by text-flooding (or "scrolling") it, flooding a specific user or attempting to use exploits against a specific user.
Standard delivery Standard delivery within Malaysia is available for all orders from www.sogo.com.my. There is no charge for orders of any value if you opt to collect the items from SOGO Departmental Store. This is subject to availability of the items in-store and does not include gift vouchers.
Please note that we reserve the right not to deliver an order if we believe the address is not secure. Examples of such an address would be a communal postal address or a P.O. box. If this affects an order you have placed, we'll notify you as soon as possible. Charges and options About our delivery service
- We deliver most items Monday to Friday 10:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday 10:00am - 1:00pm (delivery times may differ slightly between our carriers).
- Products may be sent out from multiple locations and therefore may arrive separately but there are no additional delivery charges.
- Items with different despatch times may be consolidated and delivered at the later despatch time, but usually no later than five (5) working days.
- In cases of delivery to remote rural locations or on occasions when exceptional circumstances prevent us from keeping to schedule, delivery may fall outside the published times.
|Beauty, Children, Ladies, Men||
RM10 flat rate (per shipment) will be charged for orders below the above mentioned amount.
Excluding purchase of baby room and baby gear products.
|Home Centre, Supermarket||
RM10 flat rate (per shipment) for purchases below RM200.
For deliveries outside of Klang Valley, please refer to the table below.
Delivery Charges for East & West Malaysia
|0 - 0.500||7.00||9.00||8.00|
|0.501 - 1.000||8.00||14.00||12.00|
|1.001 - 2.000||9.00||23.00||19.00|
|2.001 - 3.000||10.00||42.00||36.00|
|3.001 - 4.000||11.50||52.00||44.00|
|4.001 - 5.000||13.00||61.00||52.00|
|5.001 - 6.000||14.50||71.00||61.00|
|6.001 - 7.000||15.50||80.00||69.00|
|7.001 - 8.000||17.00||90.00||77.00|
|8.001 - 9.000||18.50||99.00||86.00|
|9.001 - 10.000||20.00||109.00||94.00|
|10.001 - 11.000||21.50||119.00||102.00|
|11.001 - 12.000||23.00||128.00||111.00|
|12.001 - 13.000||24.00||138.00||119.00|
|13.001 - 14.000||25.50||147.00||127.00|
|14.001 - 15.000||27.00||157.00||136.00|
|15.001 - 16.000||28.50||166.00||144.00|
|16.001 - 17.000||30.00||176.00||153.00|
|17.001 - 18.000||31.00||185.00||161.00|
|18.001 - 19.000||32.50||195.00||169.00|
|19.001 - 20.000||34.00||204.00||178.00|
|20.001 - 21.000||35.50||214.00||186.00|
|21.001 - 22.000||37.00||223.00||194.00|
|22.001 - 23.000||38.50||233.00||203.00|
|23.001 - 24.000||39.50||243.00||211.00|
|24.001 - 25.000||41.00||252.00||219.00|
|25.001 - 26.000||42.00||262.00||228.00|
|26.001 - 27.000||44.00||271.00||236.00|
|27.001 - 28.000||45.50||281.00||244.00|
|28.001 - 29.000||47.00||290.00||253.00|
|29.001 - 30.000||48.00||300.00||261.00|
Deliveries to multiple addresses
- If you'd like to have items sent to separate Malaysia addresses, please utilize the 'multiple checkout' option and insert the various addresses. A separate delivery charge will be made for each address wherever applicable.
- We deliver to most postal areas in Peninsula Malaysia and East Malaysia, but we're sorry that geographical location and carrier availability can restrict our service. We may not always be able to deliver certain products too.
- There are small numbers of postcodes, usually in remote rural areas, where we cannot guarantee delivery within our usual timescales.
- If there's no-one in when we deliver, our courier will leave a card at the delivery address confirming they have tried to deliver. Please follow the instructions on the card to rearrange delivery or collect your order.
Self Pickup Can't wait for delivery? Why not try our Self Pickup Service?
You simply place your order online and we'll have it ready for collection, please drop by at SOGO Departmental Store to collect your purchases.
The service is available for most but not all of the items we sell. We’re unable to accept orders that include items for collection from in-store as well as items for delivery, so in these cases, please place two separate orders – one for collection and one for delivery. 1. Place and pay for your order online
|Orders placed from 12:00am-9:00am on Monday-Saturday||Same day collection available from 2:00pm - 9:00pm.|
|Orders placed from 9:00am-2:00pm on Monday-Friday||Same day collection available from 7:00pm - 9:00pm.|
|Orders placed from 2:00pm-12:00am on Monday-Friday||Next day collection from 2:00pm - 9:00pm.|
|Orders placed on Saturday||Available for collection from 2:00pm - 9:00pm on Monday.|
|Orders placed on Sunday||Available for collection from 2:00pm - 9:00pm on Monday.|
2. Pick up your items from the Customer Service Centre at SOGO. Opening and collection times for Customer Service Centre are shown below:
|Collection Time||Customer Service Centre|
|Monday-Sunday, 10:00am-9:00pm||Lower Ground Floor (LGF)|
For your protection against fraud, please bring the Order Acknowledgement sent to your email address together with your identification card as proof of purchase during collection.
We’re happy for someone else to collect your order, but to prevent fraud the person you've nominated must present your Order Acknowledgement and his/her identification card upon collection.
Self Pickup guarantees your order will be in stock at SOGO, as we'll hand-pack your order to be placed at the designated Customer Service Centre (located on the Lower Ground Floor (LGF)). Your order will be available for collection in a time frame of seven (7) days, but if you're unable to collect it within that time, please contact us at 1300-88-7646.
SOGO Online Membership is free. However, our membership services are not available to users under the age of 18 or to members who, at our discretion, have been suspended or removed from SOGO systems. Members shall agree to all terms of service and must only apply for membership if eligible.
Points will be accumulated from all purchases exclude shipping fee, member will be awarded one point on every RM1 spent at SOGO exclude Supermarket Items which is RM2 for one point.
SOGO Online Member may enjoy SOGO S Card Redemption of Rewards benefit by signing up as S Card member, all points accumulated at SOGO online can be used for the redemption.
Online Member Sign-up e-Voucher
- The voucher will be generated and emailed to each user upon account activation. Validity of the voucher is stated therein.
- The RM20 e-Voucher is redeemable with a minimum expenditure of RM70, redemption is excluding supermarket and promotional items.
- The 5% off e-Voucher is redeemable with a minimum expenditure of RM50 on supermarket items, redemption is excluding promotional items.
- Each user is only entitled to one-time (1x) usage of the voucher.
- The voucher cannot be redeemable nor exchangeable for cash.
- SOGO e-Vouchers are valid during the dates shown on the SOGO e-Vouchers. SOGO e-Vouchers utilized after the expiry date stated therein will not be valid. SOGO e-Vouchers may only be redeemed on SOGO online product ranges.
- No change will be given where purchase amount is less than the face value of the e-Voucher.
- SOGO e-Vouchers are only valid on www.sogo.com.my. We will notify you in your regular reward mailing if other opportunities for redemption of the SOGO e-Vouchers are available.
- SOGO e-Vouchers cannot be used to purchase SOGO Departmental Store Vouchers, gift cards, exchanged for cash advances/withdrawals, any items in-store, items in any catalogue or other publication unless we notify you otherwise.
- We reserve the right to substitute or remove any product, product range service or offer available for redemption using SOGO e-Vouchers at any time without prior notice.
- We shall not be responsible for any loss of SOGO e-Voucher once it is despatched to you either via physical or electronic means.
- Your online membership with SOGO starts when your Account is opened / activated.
- All products featured are subject to availability and prices may differ from those printed in-store or on reward mailings either via physical or electronic means.
- We reserve the right to take any appropriate action where the Account holder has breached the Terms and Conditions.
- In the case of dispute, the decision of SOGO shall be final and binding
SOGO Data Policy I fully understand that online membership of SOGO will mean that members of SOGO (KL) DEPARTMENT STORE SDN. BHD and/or other approved organisations may use transactional data from my Account for the purposes of analysis and so that specific SOGO offers may be made to me. I may opt out of receiving SOGO communications at any time by contacting 1300-88-7646 or through any other opt-out choices mentioned above and I hereby expressly acknowledge that this will result in the cessation of my SOGO online membership.
SOGO (KL) DEPARTMENT STORE SDN. BHD.,
Kompleks Sogo, 190, Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman,
50100, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Returns PolicyAll purchases may qualify for a return or exchange within fourteen 14-day from the date of receiving the item(s). Customers may exchange an item for a different colour or size, and of equal value only.
The item(s) must be in resale-able condition with original packaging. For refund processing an invoice need to be attached upon return.
Please submit your request at Product Returns and it will be reviewed by SOGO. We will arrange to pick up and re-send the item at no charge if it is manufacturing fault. For exchange or other reasons of return, the shipping charges will be borne by customer.
We reserve the right to replace with a new item of the same original order or refund via e-voucher. Shipping charges are not refundable, all points accumulated will be deducted upon refund of the item(s).
If returning an item that qualified you for a free gift, please include the free gift with your return. If you choose to keep the free gift, you will be charged for its value.
Please note that your right to return Products does NOT apply to Products which fall into the following categories unless they are faulty or not as described:
- Skin care, cosmetics and fragrances.
- Supermarket items/Perishable goods.
- Made to measure or personalised goods.
- Unsealed CDs, DVDs, tapes or other recording media, software or videos.
Events & Booking Services
- SOGO only accepts bookings accompanied by a guarantee of payment.
- By submitting the participation form, the participant agrees to the terms and conditions set out by SOGO.
- Once guarantee of payment is received, SOGO will endeavour confirm.
- Once guarantee of payment is received, SOGO will endeavour to confirm bookings within SEVEN (7) working days.
- The registration cancellation and refund is only applicable to confirmed participants who have paid the participation fees.
- Refunds for cancellations will be issued in the form of e-Voucher only.
- Should a participant wish to postpone to a later date (if any) or transfer participation to another, notice must be given at least SEVEN (7) working days in advance or otherwise stated on the Event/Workshop or Brand Consultation page.
- Details of joining instructions and workshop will be sent out via email.
- All travel and accommodation arrangements are the responsibility of participants. In the event of cancellation of an event/workshop, SOGO shall not be held responsible for non-refundable costs incurred such as travel and accommodation.